As I promised few weeks ago, here they are. My husband’s absolute favourite, the strawberry cheesecake.
I found the recipe on Good Food, and as the original recipe is for one large cake, I only made some minor adaptation to it (basically using more biscuits, mascarpone and double cream) and transformed the recipe into 12 mini cheesecakes.
I highly recommend this particular strawberry cheesecake recipe to any cheesecake lovers out there.
The only downside to this cakes is the overnight chilling time, it is always a hard job to keep the family (yes, by family I mean my husband and him alone) away from the fridge long enough until it sets properly.
-300 gr digestives biscuits
-100 gr melted butter
-750 gr (3 pack) Mascarpone soft cheese
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-100 gr icing sugar
-300 ml double cream
-lemon zest (optional)
-400 gr strawberries
-25 gr icing sugar
1. Butter the mini cheesecake pan in every hole, or use cupcake cases, like I did here.
2. Put the biscuits in a food processor or plastic food bag and crush to crumbs using a rolling pin. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl, then pour over the melted butter. Can be melted in the microwave.
Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated. Spoon them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. To do this I used the edge of my rolling pin. Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour to set firmly.
3. Make the filling by mixing the cream cheese and vanilla and 100 gr sugar, then using an electric mixer add the double cream and beat only until is completely combined.
4. Scoop the cream mixture on top of the biscuit base. I used a piping bag to do this. Now smooth the top of the cheesecake down with the back of a dessert spoon or spatula. Leave to set in the fridge overnight. Yeah, this is the hard part…..
5. Next day, or about half hour before serving the cheesecakes, make the topping, and also remove the cheesecakes from the fridge to adjust to room temperature.
6. Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor with 25 gr icing sugar. If you like, leave a few good ones to decorate. Pour the fresh strawberry pure on your mini cheesecakes.
7. Enjoy! 100% satisfaction is fully guarantied! 🙂