I was trying to compose the title for these cupcakes, but it’s easier to just call it simply full chocolate cupcakes, because it’s literally full with chocolates.
I added dark chocolate chunks to the batter and the ganache cream on top is full with chocolate flakes, too.
Initially I made them to give it away, but I can never make just a few, so we could keep some for ourselves, too.
This time I also made few sugarpaste roses to decorate my cupcakes.
1 cup water
5 Tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2,5 cup all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp bicarbonate of soda
1 little natural yogurt (without any flavour)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
200 gr butter (unsalted)
1 tsp almond extract
juice squeezed from 1/4 orange
100 gr dark chocolate roughly chopped
600 ml heavy cream
150 gr dark chocolate
You need to prepare the cream on the previous day of baking. In order to do this you need to pour the cream into a pan, put it on the stove. Chop the chocolate in small pieces and stir in the cream until its melted. Make sure it’s not boiling, it only needs to get warm enough until the chocolate melts in. When it’s done, put it aside to cool completely, then put it in the fridge for the night or at least 6 hours.
This is a very delicious cupcake topping, and I often use this method with white chocolate as well, and also it can be coloured well with food colour.
Baking the cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven and line your cupcake tin with the cupcake cases.
2. Put the water, cocoa powder and butter in a pan and stirring it, bring it to boil on the stove, then put it aside to cool down.
3. Mix the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking soda and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the water with the butter and chocolate, add the eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, orange juice, yogurt, and finally the chopped chocolate. Stir everything just only until all is combined.
4. Scoop the batter 3/4 of the way into the lined cupcake tin and bake for about 20 minutes. Leave them cool in the tin for 5 more minutes before taking the cakes out on a tray. Let them cool completely.
5. In a mixing bowl beat the chocolate cream to a relatively hard consistency if you want to pipe a swirl on top of your cupcakes.