Cheese cakes are my husband’s favourites these days, chocolates are mine so I thought I would combine them together for everyone’s pleasure. I looked up for a good recipe and found one on BBC GoodFood that was very easy to make and need no baking but has to chill overnight in the fridge.
I made some changes with the ingredients, this is my version:
- 250 gr Oreo biscuits
- 100 gr butter , melted
- 400 gr Mascarpone cream cheese
- 100 ml double cream
- 300 gr milk chocolate , melted
- 100 gr dark chocolate , melted
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor and mix with the melted butter. Press the biscuit mixture into the cupcake bases then put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to get firm.
- Mix the cream with the Mascarpone. Fold the milk chocolate into the cream cheese mix and then stir in the dark chocolate so that it looks streaky. I actually put the dark chocolate in the end on top of the mini cakes and swirled it with a prick.
- Spoon into the cupcake cases, level the top and chill for at least 2 hours but better for overnight.
In the background you can see the chocolate lollipops we made with my daughter and the duck eggs we decorated with tissue paper, this technique is called decupage.