I used a Hungarian Linzer biscuit recipe this time to make these cookies. It is a really easy recipe and very delicious.
When the egg shaped cookies have baked and cooled I made pairs and sandwiched them with seedless raspberry jam then topped them with fondant which I cut with the same egg shaped cookie cutter.
The little chickens coming out of broken egg shells were made the same way.
300 gr flour
200 gr butter (cold from the refrigerator and diced in little cubes)
100 gr powder sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp baking powder
zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven (not too hot)
2. Mix the dry ingredients then add the butter to the flour mix and crumble it together, finely add vanilla and egg yolk. Make a dough then cover it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the dough on a dusted surface with icing sugar. Cut the biscuits with a cookie cutter of your choice and bake them for about 10 minutes on a tray lined with baking paper.
4. Spread a little jam on one biscuit then sandwich it with another.
5. You can sprinkle icing sugar on top or fondant or you can cover it with melted chocolate.
This is my daughtrer’s own creation on a broken cookie 🙂